Ideal for the edible landscape
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Height/Habit: 12 inches
- Zone: 4-8
- Flowering Date: Late spring to early summer
We ship this item in Spring
Send me an email when this item is available
Perennial •Z4-8 •H12"XW20-25"•Late Spring to Early Summer •Sun
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure2
- Botanical NameFragaria 'Hula Berry' PP#24,332, Fragaria 'Sonata' PP#18,000
- Ships AsBAREROOT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread20 - 25 inches
- Spacing20 - 25 inches
- Hardiness Zone4-8
- Flowering DateLate spring to early summer
- Planting InstructionsFor best results, place outside in an area with plenty of sunshine and airflow where bees can pollinate. When planting into your garden, plant all four plants (3 white Hula Berry, 1 red Sonata) within 12 inches of each other to ensure pollination.
- Winter CareA light mulch around the crowns, remove in early spring before growth starts
- Flower Color:pink
- Flower FormBright magenta pink blossoms with a diameter of 1", in clusters; flower looks like a small wild rose
- Foliage TypeDark green, lobed with serrated edges.
- Soil RequirementWell-drained, humus-enriched soil.
- Watering RequirementAverage Water Needs; Water regularly; do not overwater
- PruningNone n/a
- Unique Charactersticshula-berry.com: Meet Hula Berry®-North America's original white strawberry with a tropical taste! Smaller than typical red strawberries, the Hula Berry packs a big flavor, reminiscent of pineapple. These non-GMO, extraordinary berries came from an inventive improvement of a very old white strawberry called a pineberry. Using traditional breeding practices of crossing various strawberries, a new and improved white strawberry with better fruit yield, larger berries and sweet yet tangy fruit was born.
- Height/Habit12 inches
- Growth RateFast once established
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.