Pineapple Express Mangave
Eye-catching patio plant
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Height/Habit: 9 - 10 inches
- Zone: 8-10
We ship this item in Spring
Send me an email when this item is available
Pineapple Express Mangave
Annual •Z8-10 •H9-10"xW16-18" •Sun
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameMangave 'Pineapple Express'
- Ships As3" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread16 - 18 inches
- Spacing16 - 18 inches
- Hardiness Zone8-10
- Foliage TypeBlue shades
- Unique CharactersticsWalters: The refined, spiky habit of this Mangave will remind you of the top of a pineapple. 1" wide, dark green leaves are long and slender, with pronounced burgundy spotting. The spots will be more pronounced when in full sun and exposed to UV light. A waxy coating gives the leaves a minty-green finish. Leaves are packed in tightly to form a spiky rosette. Tiny spines line the margins, and a very sharp, cinnamon terminal spine complete the spiky look. Plant this Mangave in a yellow or tan container to complete the pineapple look! Mangave is a relatively new phenomenon, as a cross between the genus Manfreda and Agave. These rare hybrids combine the best of both worlds: the better growth rate and the interesting patterns of Manfreda, and the habit and refinement of Agave. We are very excited (shall we say mad?) about our new hybrids from Walters Gardens, Inc. hybridizing. Growers will appreciate the fast growth rate of Mangave-these hybrids finish more quickly than Agave, thanks to their Manfreda parentage. Look to the future for more interesting and unique looks to join the collection!
- Shipped3" POT
- Height/Habit9 - 10 inches
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|1A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|7A-10B||4/2/18 - 6/8/18|
|Last Order Date||June 4th, 2018|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.