Prolific blooms year after year
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 8 - 10 feet
- Zone: 4-9
- Flowering Date: Early to mid summer and again in late summer to early fall
We ship this item in Fall
Send me an email when this item is available
Clematis quickly covers fences, trellises and walls in a sea of large, vibrant, colorful flowers. Prolific blooms last several weeks each summer.
- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameClematis 'Piilu'
- Ships As3" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread36 - 48 inches
- Spacing4 - 6 feet
- Hardiness Zone4-9
- Flowering DateEarly to mid summer and again in late summer to early fall
- Planting InstructionsPrefers a situation where tops are in the sun and roots are shaded either by low plants or a mulch to keep soil moist and cool.
- Winter CareWinter mulch around the base of each plant.
- Flower Color:pink
- Flower FormFirst bloom on old wood is 3-4" double light pink blossoms with dark purplish red bar. Successively blooms are on new wood but single blooms.
- Foliage TypeMedium green simple palmate to pinnate leaves arranged alternately and opposite on the stems.
- Soil RequirementRich, well drained soil with a ph close to neutral.
- PruningLight pruning in early spring or after flowering. Early spring pruning will sacrifice blooms but may be necessary.
- Additional InformationRaised by U & A Kivistik of Estonia, named in 1988
- Unique CharactersticsRosy lilac early summer blooms resemble a ruffly parasol from yester years. Excellent colorful vine for growing over fences, walls, arbors or trellises.
- Shipped3" POT
- Height/Habit8 - 10 feet
- Growth RateSlow to establish, fast there-after.
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.