Peaches 'n Dreams™ Hollyhock
Richly ruffled blooms on stalks up to 8' tall
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Height/Habit: 5 - 7 feet
- Zone: 3-8
- Flowering Date: Midsummer to fall
We ship this item in Spring
Send me an email when this item is available
Peaches 'n Dreams™ Hollyhock
Biennial •Z3-8 •H5-8''xW18-24" •Midsummer to Early Fall •Sun
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameAlcea rosea 'Peaches 'n Dreams'
- Ships AsPOTTED
- Sun ExposureFull Sun
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread18 - 24 inches
- Spacing18 - 24 inches
- Hardiness Zone3-8
- Flowering DateMidsummer to fall
- Planting InstructionsGrow next to a sunny wall or fence. Stalks are very strong, but may require staking if planted in an open sunny site.
- Winter CareMulch to protect roots from frost heave the first season.
- Flower Color:pink
- Flower FormDense, double, ruffled edged flowers borne on long terminal racemes.
- Foliage TypeLobed, rounded, slightly hairy leaves with a rough texture.
- Soil RequirementModerately fertile, well drained soil.
- Additional InformationConsidered a short lived perennial or biennial but reseeds readily to return every year.
- Unique CharactersticsEnjoy tall strong stalks loaded with double, richly ruffled blooms, 4-5" across in a soft peach color that is slightly tinged with raspberry pink. These showy blooms fill the stems and continue to bloom all summer long. Plant as a backdrop to a lower growing perennial border or position along a nice fence structure in full sun. Wherever you plant Peaches 'n Dreams, it is sure to draw attention. Developed by the breeding program of Thompson and Morgan.
- Height/Habit5 - 7 feet
- Growth RateFast
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.