Native tree with sweet fruit
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Height/Habit: 15 - 20 feet
- Zone: 5-8
- Flowering Date: Late summer to early fall
We ship this item in Spring
Send me an email when this item is available
Tree •Z5-8 •H15-20'XW18-24" •Late Summer to Early Fall •Sun
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameAsimina triloba
- Ships As3-4' BAREROOT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread30 - 40 feet
- Spacing30 - 40 feet
- Hardiness Zone5-8
- Flowering DateLate summer to early fall
- Flower FormLarge fruit
- Foliage TypeLarge, green leaves
- Soil Requirementwell-drained soil
- Unique CharactersticsNorthwoods Nursery: This unique and popular American native bears very large fruit with a custard-like texture and exotic and dlicious fruity, banana-like flavor. Pawpaw is slow-growing and pyramidal shaped with exotic trpical looking foliage that can reach one foot in length. Happy in sun or partial shade, Pawpaw is hardy to -25°F and likes well drained soil. A combination of at least two varieties or seedlings is necessary for fruit production. Pawpaws usually begin bearing in two or three years and the fruit ripens from September to October.
- Shipped3-4' BAREROOT
- Height/Habit15 - 20 feet
- Growth RateSlow
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Trees > 24"|
|1A-4B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|5A||3/19/18 - 6/22/18|
|5B-6B||3/5/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||2/12/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A-10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.