Pallida Silver Bearded Iris
- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameIris germanica 'Pallida Silver'
- Ships AsNO.1 BR
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread18 - 24 inches
- Spacing18 - 24 inches
- Hardiness Zone3-9
- Flowering DateMidseason
- Planting InstructionsSet the rhizomes so bottom 1/2 is below ground level. Firm well and water thoroughly. Provide at least 5 hours of sun each day.
- Winter CareMulch iin colder climates and remove mulch in spring before growth starts.
- Flower Color:purple
- Flower FormClassic bearded iris flower form
- Foliage TypeGlaucous-green, sword-like fans of stiff upright leaves in spring and summer with some dying back in colder climates in winter.
- Soil RequirementWell drained soil preferred, but is quite tolerant of a wide range of soils.
- PruningRemove spent flower stems. Cut back foliage to 6" fans in late fall. Clean plant debris before winter to prevent borers overwintering. Late fall, early winter.
- Unique CharactersticsDramatic green/white variegated foliage is the key feature to this variety. Many variegated varieties are gold/green, so this is very unique. Fragrance smells like grape soda. Light purple blossoms.
- ShippedNO.1 BR
- Height/Habit34 inches
- Growth RateFast once established, which takes approximately 4-6 weeks
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.