Origami Red and White Columbine
Ideal for woodland settings
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 14 - 18 inches
- Zone: 3-9
- Flowering Date: Late spring to early summer
We ship this item in Spring
Origami Red and White Columbine
Perennial •Z3-9 •H14-18"xW12-18" •Late Spring to Early Summer •Sun-Part Shade
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameAquilegia x caerulea 'Origami Red and White'
- Ships As2.5 INCH POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread12 - 18 inches
- Spacing12 - 18 inches
- Hardiness Zone3-9
- Flowering DateLate spring to early summer
- Flower Color:red
- Flower Formbonnet-like blossoms
- Foliage TypeLight green
- Soil RequirementRich, organic soil
- Unique CharactersticsHeritage Perennials: This is a hybrid strain of Columbine that flowers freely the first season from seed. Plants have a compact habit, the large, upfacing blooms usually bicolored in a variety of shades. This particular selection is red and white. Flowers are attractive to hummingbirds. Removing spent flowers will increase the blooming time. Great in containers. Since Columbines are relatively short lived, allow some of the plants to go to seed and self sow. Leaf miners or sawfly may disfigure the leaves around flowering time. Simply trim off the ugly foliage and the plants will grow fresh leaves.
- Shipped2.5 INCH POT
- Height/Habit14 - 18 inches
- Growth RateMedium
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.