Orchid Frost Lamium
Eye-catching ground cover
- Sun Exposure: Full Shade, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 6 - 8 inches
- Zone: 3-8
- Flowering Date: Late spring - early summer
We ship this item in Spring
Orchid Frost Lamium
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameLamium maculatum 'Orchid Frost'
- Ships As2.5 INCH POT
- Sun ExposureFull Shade, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread18 - 24 inches
- Spacing18 - 24 inches
- Hardiness Zone3-8
- Flowering DateLate spring - early summer
- Planting InstructionsSet at the same level it is at in the container, firm well and water thoroughly
- Winter CareNone
- Flower Color:purple
- Flower FormLoose clusters of "turtle-head" like flowers along the top 1/2 of the flower stems
- Foliage Type1" - 2" long, oval, slender-pointed with heavily serrated margins. These are beautifully multicolored in pale and dark green, pale almost chartreuse green and silver
- Soil RequirementWell drained, humus enriched soils
- PruningNone n/a
- Additional InformationPerforms best if watered during dry spells.
- Unique CharactersticsBluestone Perennials: Radiant silver leaves with narrow green margins and very complementary hooded, soft orchid flowers. An unusual, very pretty effect. An eye-catching groundcover even when not in bloom. Stunning planted among Hosta and Ferns.Our plant spacing recommendations are based on how quickly these plants will spread in their first season of growth.
- Shipped2.5 INCH POT
- Height/Habit6 - 8 inches
- Growth RateFast once established, which takes approximately 2 - 3 weeks
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.