Olympic Fire Mountain Laurel
Clusters of pink blooms
- Sun Exposure: Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 4 - 5 feet
- Zone: 5-9
- Flowering Date: Late spring to midsummer.
We ship this item in Fall
Send me an email when this item is available
Olympic Fire Mountain Laurel
- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameKalmia latifolia 'Olympic Fire'
- Ships As4" POT
- Sun ExposurePartial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread4 feet
- Spacing4 - 5 feet
- Hardiness Zone5-9
- Flowering DateLate spring to midsummer.
- Planting InstructionsSame characteristics as the Rhododendron. Partial shade is best where the soil never completely dries out.
- Winter CareProvide a protective mulch each winter season.
- Flower Color:pink
- Flower FormLarge clusters or corymbs of bowl shaped blooms. Clusters can reach 4" across.
- Foliage TypeOval to elliptic to lance shaped, glossy dark green leaves approximately 5" long.
- Soil RequirementWell drained, humus enriched, acidic soil 4.5 to 5.5 pH.
- PruningThis species may take several seasons to recover from a hard pruning, so best to trim or lightly cut back shoots each season if you never want to be without the gorgeous blooms. After flowering.
- Additional InformationSome plant parts are poisonous.
- Unique CharactersticsA new coneflower with flowers that change color! Flowers open a bright, sunny yellow changing to brilliant scarlet as the blooms mature. This gives a kaleidoscope of colors on the same plant!
- Shipped4" POT
- Height/Habit4 - 5 feet
- Growth RateModerate.
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.