Fourth of July™ Climbing Rose
Old-fashioned form, continuing bloom
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 8 - 10 feet
- Zone: 4-10
- Flowering Date: Late spring to fall
We ship this item in Spring
Fourth of July™ Climbing Rose
Celebrate profuse clusters of sweetly scented, semi-double blooms from late spring to fall. This All-America Rose Selection winner has velvety red and white striped blooms and attractive, deep green foliage. Growing 10-14' tall with a similar spread, this colorful rose has excellent disease resistance. Plant in full sun to partial shade. Ships bareroot. Zones 4-10. Rosa WEKroalt
Climbing roses, like the Fourth of July Rose, are treasured for their ability to elegantly cover horizontal and vertical surfaces in the garden. Hardy and floriferous, climbing roses bloom throughout the summer months. When you order your climbing roses from Spring Hill, they're shipped directly from our growing fields in California to your door.
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameRosa cv. 'WEKroalt', Pat. #11,518
- Ships AsBAREROOT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK AZ GU HI IN NJ PR
- Spread6 - 8 feet
- Spacing6 - 8 feet
- Hardiness Zone4-10
- Flowering DateLate spring to fall
- Planting InstructionsPlant at the same level as the soil so the crown of the plant is even with the soil level. Don't bury the crown. Full sun is best for quicker flowering and highest quality plants.
- Winter CareMulch heavily around the base of the plant. Remove promptly in early spring.
- Flower FormLarge semi double blooms approximately 3 - 4" across.
- Foliage TypeMedium to dark green, glossy leather foliage.
- Soil RequirementWell drained humus enriched soil.
- PruningPrune to maintain shape and increase branching once established. Remove any dead or damaged branches. Shape plants at any time.
- Height/Habit8 - 10 feet
- Growth RateModerate once established.
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|1A-4B||4/16/18 - 6/1/18|
|5A||4/2/18 - 6/1/18|
|5B||3/19/18 - 6/1/18|
|6A & 6B||3/5/18 - 6/1/18|
|7A & 7B||2/26/18 - 6/1/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 6/1/18|
|9A - 10B||1/22/18 - 6/1/18|
|Last Order Date||May 28th, 2018|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.