North Wind® Japanese Maple
Hybrid variety that's truly hardy in the north
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 20 feet
- Zone: 4-7
We ship this item in Spring
North Wind® Japanese Maple
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameAcer x pseudosieboldianum 'North Wind®' ("IsINW')
- Ships As2-3' BR
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread15 feet
- Spacing15 feet
- Hardiness Zone4-7
- Planting InstructionsProtect from afternoon sun. Stake young plants, and apply organic mulch to maintain soil moisture.
- Foliage TypeLeaves emerge red in spring, changing by midsummer to light green followed by a dramatic orange-scarlet in fall.
- Soil RequirementMoist, humus-enriched soil. Good drainage is important. Salt tolerant, good for coastal regions.
- PruningPrune to maintain a desired shape and size and to remove broken and dead branches. Best to prune in late winter when plant is dormant, prior to sap flowing.
- Additional InformationBred and introduced by Iseli Nursery.
- Unique CharactersticsNorth Wind® is the flaship member of the Jack Frost® Series, a developing line bred by Iseli Nursery that combines the hardiness and durability of the Koren maple with the beauty of the Japanese maple. The leaves emerge red in spring, changing by midsummer to light green followed by a dramatic orange-scarlet in fall. An excellent substitute for the Japanese maple in colder climates, it has withstood temperatures of -30°F in Iowa testing grounds.
- Shipped2-3' BR
- Height/Habit20 feet
- Growth RateModerate to fast.
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Trees > 24"|
|1A-4B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|5A||3/19/18 - 6/22/18|
|5B-6B||3/5/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||2/12/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A-10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.