Nanho Blue Butterfly Bush
Long spike flowers-up to 8"
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Height/Habit: 36 - 60 inches
- Zone: 5-9
- Flowering Date: Midsummer to first frost
We ship this item in Fall
Send me an email when this item is available
Nanho Blue Butterfly Bush
- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameBuddleia davidii 'Nanho Blue'
- Ships As1 GALLON POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI OR PR WA
- Spread36 - 60 inches
- Spacing36 - 60 inches
- Hardiness Zone5-9
- Flowering DateMidsummer to first frost
- Planting InstructionsFull sun is best to produce the most flowers. Set plant at the same level it is growing at in the container. Firm soil in and around the roots with fingers to remove air pockets, water thoroughly.
- Winter CareMulch in colder climates after the ground freezes, and remove in early spring before new growth starts.
- Flower Color:purple
- Flower FormLilac-like, spikes up to 8" long, at branch tips only.
- Foliage TypeDark green, lance-shaped , pointed foliage with a tinge of silver.
- Soil RequirementFertile, moist, well-drained soil. Tolerates light, chalky, sandy soils.
- PruningFlowers are produced on new wood, so it's best to prune back near the ground (down to 12-15") in early spring before it starts producing new growth. This will keep the plant more compact.
- Unique CharactersticsMissouri Botanical Garden: 'Nanho Blue' is a butterfly bush cultivar which features mauve-blue flowers. It is a deciduous shrub with an arching, spreading habit which typically grows to 5-10' tall if not cut back in late winter and 3-5' tall if cut back. Features spike-like terminal clusters (to 10" long) of dark mauve flowers which bloom from June to September and sometimes to first frost. Flowers are fragrant. Willowy gray-green foliage. Popular fresh cut flower. Provides excellent summer to fall flowers when few other shrubs are in bloom. Best grown in borders, cottage gardens, rose gardens or butterfly gardens. Foundations. Popular fresh cut flower. Usually does not make a good single specimen shrub.
- Shipped1 GALLON POT
- Height/Habit36 - 60 inches
- Growth RateFast, once established.
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.