Mysterious Parrot Tulip
Unique, feather-like petals
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 18 - 24 inches
- Zone: 3-8
- Flowering Date: Mid to late spring
We ship this item in Fall
Send me an email when this item is available
Mysterious Parrot Tulip
- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure3
- Botanical NameTulipa 'Mysterious Parrot'
- Ships As11-12 CM
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread4 - 6 inches
- Spacing4 - 6 inches
- Hardiness Zone3-8
- Flowering DateMid to late spring
- Planting InstructionsPlant 6" deep and 3 - 6" apart.
- Winter CareMulch +/- 2"
- Flower Color:purple
- Flower FormUpright, double, bell or funnel shaped.
- Foliage TypeGray-green, linear or broadly ovate.
- Soil RequirementWell drained. Loosen soil about 10" and water well after planting.
- Watering RequirementAverage Water Needs; Water regularly; do not overwater
- PruningIt is important to let the foliage mature and die down naturally, do not cut back. Next year's bloom is being developed. When foliage is yellow or dried up.
- Additional InformationPetals are serrated or fringed.
- Unique CharactersticsThis glamorous new variety in a truly unique one! The petals are purple-blue colored with on the ruffled rim marked with a little white. The shape of this Tulip is extra ordinary because of the feathery looking like petals. Very stylish when you will at this in your garden or just on the table inside.
- Shipped11-12 CM
- Height/Habit18 - 24 inches
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.