Multi Blue Clematis
Quickly covers fences, arbors and trellises with bigger, thicker blossoms than any other clematis!
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 5 - 6 feet
- Zone: 3-9
- Flowering Date: Late spring to early summer and again in late summer
We ship this item in Spring
Multi Blue Clematis
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameClematis 'Multi Blue'
- Type of FruitAchene with feathery style - attractive.
- Ships As3" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread36 - 48 inches
- Spacing36 - 48 inches
- Hardiness Zone3-9
- Flowering DateLate spring to early summer and again in late summer
- Planting InstructionsPrefers a situation where tops are in the sun and roots are shaded either by low plants or a mulch to keep soil moist and cool.
- Winter CareWinter mulch around the base of the plant.
- Flower Color:purple
- Flower FormDouble ring of sepals 3"- 5" flowers.
- Foliage TypeOpposite compound dark green in spring and summer, yellow in fall. Leaflets lanceolate to ovate 1-2" long. Bronze colored when young.
- Pruning TimeOnly after blossoming prune lightly and not too frequently.
- Soil RequirementHumus rich, well-drained, alkaline soil.
- PruningFlowers on last year's wood and new wood. Only after blossoming prune lightly and not too frequently.
- Additional InformationClimb by attaching leaf stalks about the means of support.
- Unique CharactersticsCan be used as a shrub or a short climber. Intensely colored flowers. Heavily scented with a rich fresh raspberry fragrance. Considered by many experts to have the strongest fragrance of all Roses. Named after the wife of a French banker, it has fat cabbagey flowers of a rich rose madder. Explodes with a profusion of flowers in the spring, followed by good repeat blooming throughout the summer and early fall.
- Shipped3" POT
- Height/Habit5 - 6 feet
- Growth RateSlow to medium
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.