Moonrise Japanese Maple
Improved sun tolerance
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 8 feet
- Zone: 5-9
We ship this item in Spring
Moonrise Japanese Maple
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameAcer shirasawanum 'Munn 001'
- Ships As2-3' BAREROOT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread8 feet
- Spacing8 feet
- Hardiness Zone5-9
- Foliage TypeFinely cut leaves emerge bright green, mature to orange-red in summer, and put on a spectacular fall show with deep rust-orange color.
- Soil RequirementWell-drained, humus-enriched, moisture-retentive soil.
- PruningPruning is not necessary, except to remove broken and dead branches. Late winter.
- Unique CharactersticsFine Gardening: This tree offers many reasons to get excited: bright red spring foliage, wonderful chartreuse summer color, a vigorous growth habit, and an increased sun tolerance. It has a big, beautiful open form, similar to Aureum.
- Shipped2-3' BAREROOT
- Height/Habit8 feet
- Growth RateSlow
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Trees > 24"|
|1A-4B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|5A||3/19/18 - 6/22/18|
|5B-6B||3/5/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||2/12/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A-10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.