Monterrey Frost Agave
Stunning container plant
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 12 inches
- Zone: 8-10
We ship this item in Spring
Send me an email when this item is available
Monterrey Frost Agave
Tropical •Z8-10 •H12"xW12-18" •Sun-Part Shade
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameAgave bracteosa 'Monterrey Frost'
- Ships As3" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread12 - 18 inches
- Spacing12 - 18 inches
- Hardiness Zone8-10
- Planting InstructionsSet at the same level it is at in the container. Firm and water in thoroughtly.
- Winter CareBring indoors in zones 3-8
- Flower Formnone
- Foliage TypeGreen foliage with cream edge on small rounded rosette
- Soil RequirementWell drained, fertile soil.
- Unique CharactersticsPerennial Resource: A rare form of northern Mexican Agave, this architecturally interesting selection has ribbon-like, arching, narrow leaves that seem to writhe in the pot like an Squid, a Squid Agave that is. The smooth edged, sandpapery textured leaves are light green with wide, clear creamy white margins. It makes a stunning specimen in containers.This is one of few Agaves that can tolerate some shade. It actually prefers partial to bright shade because of its light variegation.Enjoy this long-lived plant for decades, producing offsets sporadically as it ages. At the end of its life cycle, it will produce a 4-5ft tall spike of fragrant, cream to yellow blossoms which attract hummingbirds.Agaves typically flower only once every 15-25 years and the main crown dies after blooming.
- Shipped3" POT
- Height/Habit12 inches
- Growth RateSlow
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|1A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|7A-10B||4/2/18 - 6/8/18|
|Last Order Date||June 4th, 2018|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.