Molly's White Hellebore
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameHelleborus Frostkiss® Molly's White PP#25,685
- Ships As3" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Shade, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread24 inches
- Spacing24 inches
- Hardiness Zone5-9
- Flowering DateLate winter through early to mid spring.
- Winter CareApply a winter mulch, after the ground has frozen, if planted in fall. Remove the mulch in late winter, before growth starts.
- Flower Color:white
- Flower FormLarge, single, cup-shaped flowers.
- Foliage TypeGlossy green, leathery leaves divided into 7- to 9-toothed leaflets. Evergreen in warmer climates.
- Soil RequirementWell-drained, moisture-retentive soil, but does become drought-tolerant as it matures.
- PruningPruning is not necessary, except to remove old, damaged, and brown foliage.
- Unique CharactersticsPP&L: The Frostkiss® Hellebores series are some of the first plants to bloom in the spring. Although all Hellebore demand attention, the Frostkiss Hellebores will earn a special place in your heart. Beautiful, tough and easy to grow, their large, forward-facing blooms flower the first year and provide a lasting show of color. Although the Frostkiss series are earlier blooming perennials, they are late blooming Hellebore. These are not timed for Christmas like the niger types but are more timed for early spring, Feb-April, so they will fit right in with other perennial products. A sister seedling to Penny's Pink and Anna's Red, Molly's White bring a nice clear white to the lineup of Rodney Davey hybrids. Growth habit and bloom time will be similar to that of Penny's Pink and Anna's Red.
- Shipped3" POT
- Height/Habit24 inches
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.