Mixed Oriental Poppies
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Height/Habit: 24 - 36 inches
- Zone: 3-8
- Flowering Date: Late spring
We ship this item in Spring
Send me an email when this item is available
Mixed Oriental Poppies
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure3
- Botanical NamePapaver orientale
- Ships AsNO. 2 BAREROOT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread24 inches
- Spacing18 - 24 inches
- Hardiness Zone3-8
- Flowering DateLate spring
- Planting InstructionsPlant crown 2-3" deep in well dug humus enriched soil.
- Winter CareMulch the first winter to protect the plant from frost heave.
- Flower FormShowy, 4-6" across with crepe paper like petals.
- Foliage TypePinnatisect leaves up to 12" long with toothed edges and bristly hairy stems and leaves.
- Soil RequirementWell-drained. Dislikes wet soil.
- PruningRemove spent foliage after they go summer dormant.
- Additional InformationFoliage goes dormant in summer. Avoid planting in areas where soils stay wet in winter.
- Unique CharactersticsThe clusters of beautiful, glossy flowers and rich shiny green leaves are a welcome sight in early spring. This is an easy plant for a water garden, beside a steam or in a boggy area. In such places it will thrive and increase in size each year. As it flowers early in the year before the tree foliage opens it is well suited to shady sites which will be advantageous in the hot summer weather as the foliage prefers some protection from intense hot sunshine. In far northern climates with cool summers it can be grown in full sun. The soil must have plenty of organic matter worked into to it and never be allowed to dry out. A delightful native that is very hardy and easy in the right spot
- ShippedNO. 2 BAREROOT
- Height/Habit24 - 36 inches
- Growth RateModerate.
When will my order ship?
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.