Mixed Border Dahlias
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Height/Habit: 12 - 15 inches
- Zone: 3-10
- Flowering Date: Mid summer till first frost
We ship this item in Spring
Send me an email when this item is available
Mixed Border Dahlias
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure3
- Botanical NameDahlia decorative 'Bluesette', 'Berliner Kleene' & 'Margareth Kleene'
- Ships AsNO. 1 TUBER
- Sun ExposureFull Sun
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread20 - 24 inches
- Spacing20 - 24 inches
- Hardiness Zone3-10
- Flowering DateMid summer till first frost
- Planting InstructionsPlant tubers with sprouts 1-2" below the soil surface.
- Winter CareFoliage is usually blackened with the first frost. Lift for winter storage by pulling up the plant and cutting the stem off a few inches above the tuber.
- Flower Color:mixed
- Flower Form4" fully double without a central disc
- Foliage TypeMid green, pinnate leaves with ovate leaflets
- Soil RequirementWell drained, humus enriched for best performance.
- Watering RequirementAverage Water Needs; Water regularly; do not overwater
- PruningRemove spent flower heads to encourage more blooms and create a more bushy plant.
- Unique CharactersticsProfuse bloomers. Flowers are about 4" in diameter. Plants grow to 15" tall. These dahlias do well in both sun and part shade. Excellent for the front of the border, edging, patio and containers.
- ShippedNO. 1 TUBER
- Height/Habit12 - 15 inches
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.