Missouri Evening Primrose
Thrives in poor soils!
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Height/Habit: 9 - 12 inches
- Zone: 3-8
- Flowering Date: Early Summer
We ship this item in Fall
Send me an email when this item is available
Missouri Evening Primrose
- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameOenothera missouriensis
- Ships AsNO. 1 BAREROOT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread18 - 24 inches
- Spacing18 - 24 inches
- Hardiness Zone3-8
- Flowering DateEarly Summer
- Planting InstructionsPlant at the same level as the soil so the crown of the plant is even with the soil level. Don't bury the crown. Full sun is best for quicker flowering and higher quality plants.
- Winter CareNo winter care needed.
- Flower Color:yellow
- Flower Form4" huge 4 -petaled yellow flowers
- Foliage TypeLeaves are narrow and lance-shaped
- Soil RequirementAverage, dry to medium well-drained soil.
- PruningNo pruning needed.
- Additional InformationThe bright yellow flowers only bloom for one day. They usually open in late afternoon and remain open until the following morning. Bloom from late spring through summer. Easily grown from seed and will self-seed under optimum growing conditions.
- ShippedNO. 1 BAREROOT
- Height/Habit9 - 12 inches
- Growth RateFast
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.