Hummingbird Mint Collection
Beautiful, aromatic, drought tolerant and lasts all summer long!
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Height/Habit: 15 - 18 inches
- Zone: 6-10
- Flowering Date: Early summer to fall
We ship this item in Spring
Hummingbird Mint Collection
If you're like most gardeners, you're looking for ways to attract more pollinators to your garden. That's why we're so excited to introduce our new Hummingbird Mint Collection. Thanks to modern breeding efforts, these hardy hummingbird mints have more vivid colors and better growth habits than many older varieties.
Hummingbirds, butterflies and pollinating bees will love drinking from the lightly scented, upright spikes of brightly colored, nectar-rich tubular flowers. And you, too, will love these hardy, easy-care perennials that will add late summer color and anise scent to your garden.
For our new collection, we've selected four hummingbird mints (also called Anise hyssop or Agastache) that provide outstanding color and upright form. You'll get one each of:• Kudos Gold—Abundant,brilliant orange flower spikes create a warm glow in the garden. Growing 12-18" tall, it has a compact habit and gray-green foliage.
• Tango—The bright orange-red flowers really stand out and are a must-have for this collection. Growing just 12-18" tall, it has a compact habit and attractive gray-green foliage.
• Globetrotter—Growing up to 40" tall, this hybrid's lilac–pink flowers and red–hued bracts beckon pollinators and hummingbirds.
• Apache Sunset—Delightful rose–purple buds and deep orange flowers make blue calyces opening to orange-red flowers.
All four of these varieties are tough, durable perennials that are easy to grow. While they prefer sunny locations with moist, well-drained soil conditions, they'll also thrive in hot, dry conditions. It won't take long before these hardy perennials are attracting pollinators with their nectar-rich, anise-scented blooms and foliage.
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure4
- Botanical NameAgastache various
- Ships As3" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread18 - 24 inches
- Spacing18 - 24 inches
- Hardiness Zone6-10
- Flowering DateEarly summer to fall
- Planting InstructionsDig a hole large enough to accommodate the roots without bending them. Work soil around the roots, firm well and water thoroughly.
- Flower Color:mixed
- Flower FormFlower spikes with long tubular blooms.
- Foliage TypeOvate to lance shaped, gray green leaves.
- Soil RequirementWell drained, fertile soil.
- PruningRemove faded flowers to prevent seeding. Leaves stems to overwinter. Remove new growth in early to mid spring for more flowering stems and more compact plant.
- Unique CharactersticsBright color mix of flowers fill bloom spikes for several weeks each summer. The aromatic licorice mint scented foliage draws the attention of butterflies, bees, hummingbirds and humans! Just rub a leaf gently between two fingers to release that sweet licorice aroma.
- Shipped3" POT
- Height/Habit15 - 18 inches
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Hummingbird Mint Collection|
|1A-10B||4/30/18 - 5/18/18|
|Last Order Date||May 14th, 2018|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.