Minnie Pearl Phlox
A mildew-free natural cross
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 24 - 30 inches
- Zone: 4-8
- Flowering Date: Midsummer to fall
We ship this item in Spring
Send me an email when this item is available
Minnie Pearl Phlox
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NamePhlox 'Minnie Pearl'
- Ships As3" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread18 - 24 inches
- Spacing18 - 24 inches
- Hardiness Zone4-8
- Flowering DateMidsummer to fall
- Planting InstructionsPlant firmly, set the buds 1" - 2" deep and water thoroughly. If potted, set at same level it is in the container. Firm soil and water thoroughly.
- Winter CareNone, except to mulch the first winter if fall planted. Remove early in the spring before growth starts
- Flower Color:white
- Flower FormIndividual, flared trumpet-shaped flowers form dense pyramidal panicles ranging from 5" - 8" in size.
- Foliage Type2" - 5" long, lanceolate, dark green.
- Soil RequirementWell drained. Many Phlox tend to be susceptible to mildew, so plant in a sunny, airy location with good air circulation. Watering should be done in the morning so moisture can dry off during the day.
- PruningRemove spent flower heads. Trim back to 2"-4" if mildew is a problem. After flowering
- Additional InformationBenefit from being divided every 3 - 4 years or when their flower production drops.
- Unique CharactersticsBright colors, spicy fragrance, tall varieties make great background plantings. Enjoy indoors in cutflower arrangements.
- Shipped3" POT
- Height/Habit24 - 30 inches
- Growth RateModerate to fast once established, which takes approximately 3 - 4 weeks.
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.