- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 7 - 8 feet
- Zone: 4-9
- Flowering Date: Second half of May till June
We ship this item in Spring
Send me an email when this item is available
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameClematis 'Midori'
- Ships As2" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread36 - 48 inches
- Spacing36 - 48 inches
- Hardiness Zone4-9
- Flowering DateSecond half of May till June
- Planting InstructionsSet plant at same level it is growing at in the container. Firm soil and water thoroughly
- Winter CareApply a winter mulch, after the ground freezes, in areas where plants may heave from the ground due to alternate freezing and thawing temperatures. Remove most of the mulch in early spring, but keep 2-3" to keep the ground moist and shaded.
- Flower Color:white
- Flower Formdouble flowers 12-15 cm in diameter. With 120 sepals. Sepals are elliptic, pointy, slightly wavy and pointing down.
- Foliage TypeMedium green, simple palmate to pinnate leaves arranged alternately and opposite on the stems.
- Soil RequirementWell-drained, fertile, moisture-retentive soil.
- Unique CharactersticsClematis.com: Light green when still in buds (hence the name- 'midori' means green in japanese) with pink-toned tips, they turn white when opening. In full bloom they are white, sometimes with light green bar in the middle, light green margins and pinkish tips. Sepels are the same color on both sides. Underneath the flowers there are usually 6-12 bracts set on long leaf petioles. Anthers are cream-colored, only visible in full bloom. Flowers are borne on previous year wood, nearly from the very base up, between second half of May till June. Dark green leaves are single or trifoliate.
- Shipped2" POT
- Height/Habit7 - 8 feet
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.