Tree •Z8-10 •H8-10'XW3-4'•Sun
- Season Year-round
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameOlea europaea
- Ships As1 GALLON
- Sun ExposureFull Sun
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread36 - 48 inches
- Spacing36 - 48 inches
- Hardiness Zone8-10
- Flowering DateMid summer
- Planting InstructionsPlant on the south or west side of a home or building. The warm wall will accelerate the ripening of the fruit.
- Winter CareMove indoors to a frost free location if your winter temperatures go below 10 degrees F each winter.
- Flower Color:white
- Flower FormSmall blooms develop in the axils of the alternate leaves.
- Foliage TypeLeathery, long leaves up to 3" long. Gray green above and silvery gray green beneath.
- Soil RequirementWell drained in full sun.
- Additional InformationMay take a year or two after planting to bear fruit.
- Unique CharactersticsGurney's: Immortalized in the works of great artists for centuries, this ancient ornamental bears small, oblong green olives that ripen to deep, rich black in early to mid fall. Matures to 8-10 ft. tall if kept in a container, but may get bigger if grown in a suitable climate. Self-pollinating and prefers full sun.
- Shipped1 GALLON
- Height/Habit8 - 10 feet
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Plants and fertilizers will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below.
Birding supplies and other general merchandise are typically shipped within 5 business days.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Fresh Yuletide Centerpiece||Trees > 24"||Bareroot Roses||Annuals||All Other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||11/6/17-12/22/17||4/2/18 - 6/22/18||4/16/18 - 6/1/18||4/30/18 - 6/8/18||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A||11/6/17-12/22/17||3/19/18 - 6/22/18||4/2/18 - 6/1/18||4/30/18 - 6/8/18||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|5B||11/6/17-12/22/17||3/5/18 - 6/22/18||3/19/18 - 6/1/18||4/30/18 - 6/8/18||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|6A & 6B||11/6/17-12/22/17||3/5/18 - 6/22/18||3/5/18 - 6/1/18||4/30/18 - 6/8/18||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||11/6/17-12/22/17||2/12/18 - 6/22/18||2/26/18 - 6/1/18||4/2/18 - 6/8/18||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||11/6/17-12/22/17||2/12/18 - 5/25/18||2/19/18 - 6/1/18||4/2/18 - 6/8/18||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||11/6/17-12/22/17||2/12/18 - 5/25/18||1/22/18 - 6/1/18||4/2/18 - 6/8/18||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||December 18,2017||Zones 1-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
|May 28th, 2018||June 4th, 2018||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.