Maroon Swoon Weigela
Deep red, fragrant blooms
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 4 - 5 feet
- Zone: 4-9
- Flowering Date: Blooms all summer into fall
We ship this item in Spring
Maroon Swoon Weigela
Shrub •Z4-9 •H4-5'xW2-3' •Summer to Fall •Sun-Part Shade
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameWeigela x 'Slingco 2' PPAF, CPBRAF
- Ships As4" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread24 - 36 inches
- Spacing36 - 48 inches
- Hardiness Zone4-9
- Flowering DateBlooms all summer into fall
- Winter CareIt is best to apply a winter mulch if planted in an area exposed to freezing and thawing temperatures that may cause the plant to heave from the ground.
- Flower Color:red
- Flower FormPerfectly funnel-shaped blooms
- Foliage TypeDark green
- Soil RequirementVery adaptable to most soils, but does prefer well-drained soil.
- PruningPruning is not necessary, but can be done immediately after the spring bloom is done. Pruning is not necessary, but if shaping is desired, it may be done immediately after the spring blooms are finished.
- Unique CharactersticsWilloway: One look at the extravagant red blooms, and this exclusive new Weigela will make your heart beat a little faster. Maroon Swoon blooms an abundance of gorgeous bell-shaped flowers, and has rich, green foliage that contrasts for a stunning effect.
- Shipped4" POT
- Height/Habit4 - 5 feet
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.