Mara Des Bois Everbearing Strawberry
Tastiest berries of any everbearing variety
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Height/Habit: 12 - 15 inches
- Zone: 4-7
- Flowering Date: Set fruit June through September. Everbearing strawberries deliver fruit all summer, with a large initial harvest and a steady crop the rest of the growing season.
We ship this item in Spring
Mara Des Bois Everbearing Strawberry
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure10
- Botanical NameFragaria 'Mara Des Bois' PP#8517
- Ships As10 BAREROOT PLANTS, E. 5/16" CROWN
- Sun ExposureFull Sun
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread12 - 24 inches
- Spacing12 - 24 inches
- Hardiness Zone4-7
- Flowering DateSet fruit June through September. Everbearing strawberries deliver fruit all summer, with a large initial harvest and a steady crop the rest of the growing season.
- Planting InstructionsSet with crowns just below soil level.
- Winter CareApply light mulch around the crowns. Remove early in spring before growth starts.
- Flower Color:white
- Flower FormWhite blossoms.
- Foliage TypeDark green, 3-palmate, with serrated edges.
- Soil RequirementWell-drained, humus enriched soil.
- PruningPinch or cut off the first flowers that form, allowing the flowers later in the season to produce fruit.
- Unique CharactersticsNourse Farms: Mara Des Bois strawberry was developed by a French breeding program. This variety produces small to medium fruit, and contains the highest flavor and fragrance of any everbearer. Berries have an attractive red color with a high gloss. Planted in the spring, Mara Des Bois will produce fruit during the summer into the fall. The following spring it also produces a good spring crop. Although considered a specialty variety for home gardeners, it is also good for commercial applications when high taste and berry fragrance is required.
- Shipped10 BAREROOT PLANTS, E. 5/16" CROWN
- Height/Habit12 - 15 inches
- Growth RateFast once established, which takes approximately 3 - 4 weeks.
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.