Magic Carpet Thyme
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Height/Habit: 2 - 4 inches
- Zone: 4-9
- Flowering Date: Late spring to summer.
We ship this item in Spring
Send me an email when this item is available
Magic Carpet Thyme
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameThymus serpyllum 'Magic Carpet'
- Ships As2" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread12 - 15 inches
- Spacing12 - 15 inches
- Hardiness Zone4-9
- Flowering DateLate spring to summer.
- Planting InstructionsSet plant at same level it is growing at in the container. Firm soil and water thoroughly. Best in a rock garden, where allowed to spread freely between rocks or walkways without being crowded by other vigorous plants.
- Winter CareNo pruning needed.
- Flower Color:pink
- Flower FormClusters of tubular, 2-lipped pink flowers, each between 1/8 and 3/8 inch long.
- Foliage TypeLinear to elliptic, slightly hairy, green leaves.
- Soil RequirementWell-drained, neutral to alkaline soil.
- Watering RequirementWater regulary
- PruningNo pruning needed unless you want to control the spreading.
- Additional InformationGood companion plants - Delosperma cooperi - Ice plant, Gypsophila cerastioides, Sedum spurium.
- Unique CharactersticsA perennial that forms a perfect low carpet of foliage and blooms. An added plus, the foliage has a sweet lemon scent. Well suited for a front sunny border or rock garden. Belongs to the mint family. Can withstand a little foot traffic.
- Shipped2" POT
- Height/Habit2 - 4 inches
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.