Little Spire Russian Sage
Compact, upright habit
- Height/Habit: 36 inches
- Zone: 5-9
- Flowering Date: Midsummer into fall.
We ship this item in Spring
Send me an email when this item is available
Little Spire Russian Sage
Perennial • Z5-9 • H36"xW12-18" • Midsummer to Fall • Sun
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure3
- Botanical NamePerovskia 'Little Spire", PP#11,643
- Ships AsNO. 1 BAREROOT
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread12 - 18 inches
- Spacing12 - 18 inches
- Hardiness Zone5-9
- Flowering DateMidsummer into fall.
- Planting InstructionsDig a hole large enough to fit the roots without having to bend them. Set the crown at the soil level. Firm soil around the roots with fingers and water thoroughly.
- Winter CareMulch in colder zones, after the ground freezes, in areas where plants may heave from the ground due to alternate freezing and thawing temperatures. Remove the mulch in early spring, before the new growth emerges.
- Flower Color:blue
- Flower FormSmall, tubular, 2-lipped flowers on terminal panicles.
- Foliage TypeLacy, silvery green leaves on silvery stems.
- Soil RequirementWell-drained, average soil. Does not like to be wet.
- PruningPrune back in spring, but no closer than 6" above the ground. In spring, as the new growth is starting to emerge.
- Unique CharactersticsPerennial Resource: 'Little Spire' is prized for its compact, mid-sized, upright habit which prevents the leaning that is typical of the species. Small, narrow, grey-green leaves compliment the lavender-blue flowers. This cultivar has a wonderfully long blooming period beginning in late summer and continuing well into the fall.
- ShippedNO. 1 BAREROOT
- Height/Habit36 inches
- Growth RateModerate.
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.