Little Flames Leucothoe
Adds color to small hedges or containers
- Sun Exposure: Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 20 inches
- Zone: 6-9
- Flowering Date: Mid to late spring
We ship this item in Spring
Send me an email when this item is available
Little Flames Leucothoe
Shrub • Z6-9 • H20"xW12-24" • Mid to Late Spring • Part Shade
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameLeucothoe axillaris 'Little Flames'
- Ships As4" POT
- Sun ExposurePartial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread24 - 12 inches
- Spacing12 inches
- Hardiness Zone6-9
- Flowering DateMid to late spring
- Planting InstructionsPartial shade is best where there is protection from mid day intense sunlight and heat.
- Winter CareNone special.
- Flower Color:white
- Flower Form2 - 3" long racemes of urn shaped flowers.
- Foliage Typefiery crimson new shoots that stand out from the mature glossy green foliage beneath
- Soil RequirementWell drained acidic soil, pH of 4.5 to 6.5.
- PruningCan take pruning well if a smaller size shrub is desirable.
- Unique CharactersticsT&M: Leucothoe axillaris 'Little Flames' produces fiery crimson new shoots that stand out from the mature glossy green foliage beneath. The white spring flowers are carried in dainty racemes which only add to its charm. The onset of autumn sees the foliage turn to crimson, bringing a blaze of colour to fading planting schemes. This compact evergreen shrub has a neat, bushy habit that works well towards the front of shaded acid borders, and is equally useful in winter containers.
- Shipped4" POT
- Height/Habit20 inches
- Growth RateSlow to moderate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.