- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure3
- Botanical NameDahlia decorative 'Lisonette'
- Ships AsNO. 1 TUBER
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread12 - 16 inches
- Spacing12 - 16 inches
- Hardiness Zone3-9
- Flowering DateJuly - October
- Planting Instructions2" deep and 18 - 24" apart
- Winter CareDahlias are not hardy. Dig the tubers in fall and store in dry peatmoss in a cool, dry and frost free location. Dry tubers for a few days (preferably outside) before storing!
- Flower Color:red, yellow
- Foliage TypeMid green, pinnate leaves with ovate leaflets
- Soil RequirementWell drained, moist soil
- Watering RequirementAverage water needs. Water regularly, do not overwater.
- PruningRemove spent flower heads to encourage more blooms and maintain a neat appearance.
- Additional InformationNone
- Unique CharactersticsBurpee: Large, red and yellow, 9 inch dinner plate size blooms are the pinnacle of the cut-flower garden. Fewer flowers say "summer like the bold blooms of dahlias. These favorite plants come in two basic types: compact bedding forms and tall border types. Both have upright stems and grow from tuberous roots. They come in an amazing range of colors and flower forms, from single, small, daisy-like blooms to huge, ruffled flowers up to eight inches across. Compact bedding dahlias are ideal for container gardens and for edging beds. Use the border types to add height and color to gardens in late summer to fall. Dahlias also make great cut flowers.
- ShippedNO. 1 TUBER
- Height/Habit30 - 36 inches
- Growth RateMedium
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.