Lily Tree® Mix
- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure5
- Botanical NameLilium orienpet mix
- Ships As12-14 CM
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread8 - 12 inches
- Spacing12 - 15 inches
- Hardiness Zone4-8
- Flowering DateMidsummer
- Planting InstructionsThe bulbs should be planted at least 6" below the soil surface.
- Winter CareZone 4 should apply several inches of mulch for winter protection.
- Flower FormOut facing, pendant flowers with thick waxy petals.
- Foliage TypeStems are usually unbranched with dark green, lance shaped leaves whorled or spirled up the stems.
- Soil RequirementWell drained, humus enriched soil is best.
- PruningCut back stems by 1/3. After flowering.
- Additional InformationDivision VIII lilies. Cross of Trumpet lilies and Oriental lilies.
- Unique CharactersticsThis 'American Series' Orienpet lily is a cross between a Trumpet lily and an Oriental lily resulting in extraordinary flower size and substance. A common characteristic of the American Series lilies is that rather than producing many daughter bulbs, these lilies put all their energy into developing large mother bulbs resulting in their large impressive stature. The bulbs are slow to split apart. Unlike most dutch bred lilies that are selected for their cut flower or out-of-season forcing ability, these are bred in field conditions with unpredictable weather conditions and have turned out excellent.
- Shipped12-14 CM
- Height/Habit4 - 6 feet
- Growth RateFast
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.