Congo French Lilac
Heavenly spring fragrance
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 8 - 10 feet
- Zone: 3-7
- Flowering Date: Late spring/early summer
We ship this item in Fall
Send me an email when this item is available
Congo French Lilac
This red lilac's powerful fragrance is matched only by its color. Flower heads start out red, then turn a lovely purple. Lilacs are great for the back of a border or for hedging, and they make excellent cut flowers. They are one of the best heavenly fragrances of spring! Zones 3-7. Syringa vulgaris 'Congo'
- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameSyringa vulgaris 'Congo'
- Ships As4" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread10 - 12 feet
- Spacing10 - 12 feet
- Hardiness Zone3-7
- Flowering DateLate spring/early summer
- Planting InstructionsPlant at the same level it is growing at in the container, firm and water in well
- Winter CareNone
- Flower Color:red
- Flower FormDouble flowers form
- Foliage TypeDeciduous, Smooth textured
- Soil RequirementWell drained garden soil enriched with humus
- PruningOnly to shape as needed After flowering
- Unique CharactersticsBest Red Lilac!! Large beautiful flower heads that are open like the color of a thasty red wine. After a while they will turn to purple. The fragrant flowers will attract bees, butterflies and birds. Will grow up to 10ft.
- Shipped4" POT
- Height/Habit8 - 10 feet
- Growth RateModerate once established, which takes approximately 3 - 4 weeks
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.