Lavender Twist® Weeping Redbud
When in full bloom, this unique redbud will stop traffic!
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 5 - 6 feet
- Zone: 5-9
- Flowering Date: Early Spring
We ship this item in Spring
Lavender Twist® Weeping Redbud
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameCercis canadensis 'Covey' PP10328
- Type of FruitThe shape of the fruit looks like a pea pod. The pods are 2-3" and are brown. The seed pods develop in October and usually stay on throughout the winter and adding winter interest.
- Ships As3' BAREROOT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread5 - 8 feet
- Spacing8 feet
- Hardiness Zone5-9
- Flowering DateEarly Spring
- Flower Color:pink
- Flower FormThe reddish-purple bud opens to a rosy lavender-pink flower in early spring. Pea-like flowers in stalkless clusters.
- Foliage TypeLeaves are heart shaped, when emerging in the spring are reddish-purple changing to a dark lustrous green in the summer and then to a yellow fall color
- Pruning TimeLate winter or early spring.
- Soil RequirementWell drained soil, organic matter, but widely adaptable.
- PruningPrune to remove wayward or crossing shoots to maintain permanent, healthy framework. Late winter or early spring.
- Additional InformationThe Lavender Twist Weeping Redbud, 'Cercis canadensis "Covey", also known as Twisted Lavender Redbud, is a new variety of Redbud that is sure to attract the eye.
- Unique CharactersticsIf you want a rich, dark cherry red, lavish ruffles and classical Iris form, Mallory Kay is a great choice. The numerous buds are almost black, and contrast dramatically with the open flowers. Together, they make wonderful companions for pinks and yellows in the late spring garden.
- Shipped3' BAREROOT
- Height/Habit5 - 6 feet
- Growth Rateslow
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Trees > 24"|
|1A-4B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|5A||3/19/18 - 6/22/18|
|5B-6B||3/5/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||2/12/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A-10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.