Minuet Mountain Laurel
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameKalmia latifolia 'Minuet'
- Ships As1 GALLON POT
- Sun ExposurePartial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread24 - 36 inches
- Spacing36 - 48 inches
- Hardiness Zone5-9
- Flowering DateLate spring to early summer.
- Planting InstructionsMore sun than shade will result in more flowers. Apply mulch to conserve moisture. Set plant at the same level it is growing at in the container. Firm soil well and water thoroughly.
- Winter CareApply organic mulch to maintain soil moisture.
- Flower Color:red
- Flower FormLarge clusters, 3-4" across, of 1/2 - 3/4" cup-shaped or saucer-shaped crimped flowers.
- Foliage TypeEvergreen, alternate, oval to elliptic, lance-shaped, dark green, lustrous foliage, up to 5" long.
- Soil RequirementWell-drained, moisture retentive, cool soil. Do not allow to dry out.
- PruningPrune to maintain desired shape and to remove dead or broken branches. After flowering.
- Additional InformationKalmias are a great addition to a woodland or shade garden. Becomes more drought tolerant and resistant to heat and humidity as it matures.
- Unique CharactersticsThe very best large flowered trailing Pansies we've ever seen!! A true break-through.Trailing up to 24" and often much more! A very long blooming time! Far more vigorous en free-flowering than other seed-grown strains (Balconita Pansies are vegetatively propagated)
- Shipped1 GALLON POT
- Height/Habit30 - 36 inches
- Growth RateSlow
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.