Kwanzan Cherry Tree
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 30 - 40 feet
- Zone: 5-9
- Flowering Date: April
We ship this item in Spring
Send me an email when this item is available
Kwanzan Cherry Tree
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NamePrunus Serrulata
- Ships As3-4' BAREROOT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread25 - 30 feet
- Spacing30 - 40 feet
- Hardiness Zone5-9
- Flowering DateApril
- Planting InstructionsDig a hole large enough to accommodate the roots without bending them. Work soil around the roots, firm well and water thoroughly.
- Flower Color:pink
- Flower FormDouble flowers 2.5" in diameter each with 20-30 petals
- Foliage TypeOvate, serrate, dark green leaves 5" long. New leaves may be tinged with bronze-red. Fall color is yellow to orange-bronze.
- Soil RequirementBest grown in moist, fertile, well-drained, sandy or clay
- Watering RequirementTolerates some dry soils once established
- Unique CharactersticsFrom Fast Growing Trees: The Kwanzan Flowering Cherry Tree is easily the showiest of all Cherry Trees. Its flowers aren't just pink... but 'Double Pink,' meaning you get twice as many petals and twice as many blooms as found on other trees.Your new Kwanzan Cherry Tree blooms in large clusters of 3-5 flowers! These clusters are the thickest of all pink flowering trees and look similar to carnations.Your Kwanzans will begin to bloom in April. Also a delight in the fall, when it will give you golden autumn leaves that grab everyone's attention. Hardiest of all cherry trees.
- Shipped3-4' BAREROOT
- Height/Habit30 - 40 feet
- Growth RateMedium
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Trees > 24"|
|1A-4B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|5A||3/19/18 - 6/22/18|
|5B-6B||3/5/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||2/12/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A-10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.