Seldom-offered peony from Japan!
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 24 - 36 inches
- Zone: 3-8
- Flowering Date: Mid to late spring
We ship this item in Spring
Peonies are stalwarts in the garden, long-lived, easy to grow, and beautiful. They have few requirements: give them a sunny well-drained location, plant 2-4' apart, with the eyes (new buds at the crown) no more than 2" below soil level and apply fertilizer or compost in spring. They take a while to establish, often 3 years before first bloom.
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NamePaeonia lactiflora 'Kirinmaru'
- Ships AsBAREROOT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread24 - 36 inches
- Spacing24 - 36 inches
- Hardiness Zone3-8
- Flowering DateMid to late spring
- Planting InstructionsPlant with eyes 2" below soil surface. Planting too deep will result in poor flowering.
- Flower Color:pink, white
- Flower FormLarge 5 - 7", ball-shaped, crowded petaled flowers.
- Foliage TypeGlossy, deep green leaves that are very ornamental throughout the growing season.
- Pruning TimeAfter flowering
- FragranceMild fragrance
- Soil RequirementPrefers well drained, moist garden loam, but is adaptable to a wide range of soils.
- PruningRemove spent flower stems after flowering to maintain an attractive bush type perennial all summer long. After flowering
- Unique CharactersticsRare blooms of white streaked with raspberry red. Peonies have long been garden favorites. Enjoy the large fluffy blooms each spring and nice mounds of attractive foliage for the rest of the season in your landscape or garden.
- Height/Habit24 - 36 inches
- Growth RateMedium
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.