Key Lime Tree
Tree •Z9-10 •H3-5'XW3-5'•Sun
- Season Year-round
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameCitrus aurantifolia
- Ships As2 QT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun
- Spread36 - 60 inches
- Spacing36 - 60 inches
- Hardiness Zone2-10
- Flowering DateFlowering occurs throughout the year but mainly in the spring. Harvest in the summer.
- Planting InstructionsIn containers, use a water retentive soil-less media that has good water holding capacity. Vigorous grower that requires good fertilization practices and ample amounts of water to produce fruit year around.
- Winter CareIn hardiness zones 9 and 10, no special protection needed. For all zones north of 9, containers should be moved to a warm inside area until spring.
- Flower Color:white
- Flower FormSmall citrus type.
- Foliage TypeSmall, glossy green, oval leaves
- Soil RequirementWell drained, nutrient rich for best results.
- PruningNo pruning needed except for interfering branches.
- Unique CharactersticsGlossy evergreen foliage, sweetly scented flowers and edible fruit in one! The Dwarf Key Lime can be moved outdoors in summer, so the bees take care of pollination for you. Pick in 1-3 years.
- Shipped2 QT
- Height/Habit36 - 60 inches
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Plants and fertilizers will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below.
Birding supplies and other general merchandise are typically shipped within 5 business days.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Fresh Yuletide Centerpiece||Trees > 24"||Bareroot Roses||Annuals||All Other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||11/6/17-12/22/17||4/2/18 - 6/22/18||4/16/18 - 6/1/18||4/30/18 - 6/8/18||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A||11/6/17-12/22/17||3/19/18 - 6/22/18||4/2/18 - 6/1/18||4/30/18 - 6/8/18||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|5B||11/6/17-12/22/17||3/5/18 - 6/22/18||3/19/18 - 6/1/18||4/30/18 - 6/8/18||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|6A & 6B||11/6/17-12/22/17||3/5/18 - 6/22/18||3/5/18 - 6/1/18||4/30/18 - 6/8/18||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||11/6/17-12/22/17||2/12/18 - 6/22/18||2/26/18 - 6/1/18||4/2/18 - 6/8/18||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||11/6/17-12/22/17||2/12/18 - 5/25/18||2/19/18 - 6/1/18||4/2/18 - 6/8/18||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||11/6/17-12/22/17||2/12/18 - 5/25/18||1/22/18 - 6/1/18||4/2/18 - 6/8/18||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||December 18,2017||Zones 1-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
|May 28th, 2018||June 4th, 2018||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.