Three colors at one time
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 36 - 60 inches
- Zone: 5-9
- Flowering Date: Mid to late summer
We ship this item in Spring
This horticultural marvel has flowers with three phases of coloration. An award-winning hydrangea, Kaleidoscope's flowers change from soft pastel pink to lime green to dark cherry red, creating a dramatic display. Hydrangeas are impressive when grouped or massed in the shrub border where they provide gorgeous mid to late summer color. Kaleidoscope Hydrangea is also striking when planted as a specimen or accent for foundations. Its blooms make dramatic fresh and dried floral bouquets. Kaleidoscope Hydrangea grows best in partial shade with protection from the hot, late-afternoon sun. Ships in 4" pot. Hydrangea macrophylla 'Hobella'
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameHydrangea macrophylla 'Hobella' PP9462
- Ships As4" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread36 - 60 inches
- Hardiness Zone5-9
- Flowering DateMid to late summer
- Planting InstructionsBest in partial shade with protection from hot late-afternoon sun
- Winter CareIn zone 5, mulch heavily and locate in very sheltered location to protect flower buds from winter damage.
- Flower FormFlowers appear in corollas, opening from outside in. Resembles a lace cape that becomes spherical in full bloom.
- Foliage TypeLarge Dark Green Leaves
- Pruning TimeAfter flowering, blooms on previous season's wood.
- Soil RequirementWell-drained amended soil
- PruningAfter flowering, blooms on previous season's wood.
- Additional InformationAt Plantarium 1994, won Best Innovation award. Gold medal, Royal Assoc. for Boskoop cultures. Developed by Vader Koos and Wilco Hofstede in Huessen, Netherlands.
- Unique CharactersticsNewer cultivar which has flowers with three phases of coloration - pink (about 4-6 weeks) to green (about 3-8 weeks) to dark cherry red once cool nights of fall begin (about 4-8 weeks). 3 colors on one plant at a time. Horticultural marvel. Slight fragrance.
- Shipped4" POT
- Height/Habit36 - 60 inches
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.