Kaleidoscope Butterfly Bush
Multiple colors on one panicle
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Height/Habit: 6 - 10 feet
- Zone: 5-9
- Flowering Date: Mid summer to fall.
We ship this item in Spring
Kaleidoscope Butterfly Bush
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameBuddleia davidii 'Bicolor'
- Ships As4" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI OR PR WA
- Spread6 - 8 feet
- Spacing6 - 10 feet
- Hardiness Zone5-9
- Flowering DateMid summer to fall.
- Planting InstructionsLoosen the soil, dig a hole twice the diameter of the plant container.
- Winter CareMulch in colder climates, remove in early spring before growth starts.
- Flower Color:orange, yellow
- Flower FormLong terminal panicles up to 10" long of a masse of tiny star-like flowers.
- Foliage TypeDark green, lanceolate leaves 4-10" long, white and glabrous beneath.
- Pruning TimeEarly spring, as new growth begins.
- FragranceMild, sweet
- Soil RequirementWell drained, humus enriched soil.
- PruningCut back all flowering stems close to the base (down to 12-15") in early spring. Early spring, as new growth begins.
- Additional InformationIn northern climates Buddleias behave like herbaceous perennials with the top growth dying back in winter. Prune back to new growth in the spring. In southern climates, prune to shape.
- Shipped4" POT
- Height/Habit6 - 10 feet
- Growth RateFast once established, which takes approximately 6-8 weeks.
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.