Large, 6" flowers
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 6 - 10 feet
- Zone: 4-9
- Flowering Date: Early to mid summer. Followed by a second smaller flush of blooms later on.
We ship this item in Spring
Velvety 3-6" deep violet flowers with purple red bars make a regal impact in the garden—and hummingbirds love it. It's perfect for growing over fences, arbors, trellises, garden supports or other natural supports in the garden. This Polish variety was a 2002 Silver Medal of Honor winner at the Planatrium Arboricultural Trade Fair. 3" pot. Clematis 'Julka'
Vine • Z4-9 •H6-10'xW2-4' • Early of Mid Summer • Sun-Part Shade
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameClematis 'Julka'
- Ships As3" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread24 - 48 inches
- Spacing4 - 6 feet
- Hardiness Zone4-9
- Flowering DateEarly to mid summer. Followed by a second smaller flush of blooms later on.
- Planting InstructionsThis variety does not like hot, sunny locations, prefers semi-shaded areas. Roots need to be shaded from the sun by a deep mulch or large flat rock.
- Winter CareWinter mulch around the base of each plant.
- Flower Color:purple
- Flower FormUpright, saucer shaped 3 - 6" across.
- Foliage TypeRich green lobed leaves.
- Soil RequirementGood drainage is important. Fertile, moisture retentive soil.
- PruningGroup A - Flowers on previous year's growth - a light pruning at a height of 5' from the base of the plant after flowering. Pruning late or severely will result in fewer blooms next spring.
- Additional InformationSuitable for growing over fences, arbors, trellises, garden supports or natural supports in your garden.
- Unique CharactersticsEach bloom of rich violet with a purple-red bar down the center of each petal has the texture of velvet. This polish variety has received the Silver Medal of Honor at the 2002 Plantarium Arboricultural Trade Fair.
- Shipped3" POT
- Height/Habit6 - 10 feet
- Growth RateSlow to establish, don't give up too early. Fast once established to location.
When will my order ship?
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.