Judy Zuk Magnolia
Fragrant yellow blooms
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 10 - 15 feet
- Zone: 5-9
- Flowering Date: Early to mid spring
We ship this item in Spring
Judy Zuk Magnolia
Tree/Shrub •Z5-9 •H 10-15'xW8-12' •Early to Mid Spring •Sun-Part Shade
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameMagnolia 'Judy Zuk'
- Ships As2-3' BAREROOT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread8 - 12 feet
- Spacing10 - 12 feet
- Hardiness Zone5-9
- Flowering DateEarly to mid spring
- Planting InstructionsSelect a location protected from high winds.
- Winter CareApply a winter mulch, after the ground freezes, for its first winter. Remove the mulch in early spring, before new growth emerges.
- Flower Color:yellow
- Flower Form7-9" (18-23 cm), cup-shaped, tuliplike flowers.
- Foliage TypeOvate, medium green, leathery leaves, up to 6" (15 cm) long. Leaves turn yellow in fall before dropping for winter.
- Soil RequirementWell-drained, organically-rich, acidic, moisture-retentive soil.
- PruningPrune to desired shape and to remove dead and broken branches. After flowering.
- Unique CharactersticsMissouri Botanical Garden: 'Judy Zuk' is an upright, yellow-flowered, deciduous magnolia honoring Judy Zuk, a former President of the Brooklyn Botanic Garden. Over the first 10 years, it typically grows to 28' tall and 8' wide. It features tulip-shaped, fragrant yellow flowers with plum-flushed bases that bloom in early spring as the new leaves emerge (March to early April in St. Louis). Flowers are usually sterile. Obovate, large green leaves have entire margins. 'Judy Zuk' is sometimes listed as a cultivar of M. x brooklynensis.
- Shipped2-3' BAREROOT
- Height/Habit10 - 15 feet
- Growth RateSlow
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Trees > 24"|
|1A-4B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|5A||3/19/18 - 6/22/18|
|5B-6B||3/5/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||2/12/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A-10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.