Josee Reblooming Lilac
Perfect for borders or as a specimen plant
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 4 - 6 feet
- Zone: 2-9
- Flowering Date: Summer
We ship this item in Spring
Josee Reblooming Lilac
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameSyringa 'Josee'
- Ships As4" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread4 - 5 feet
- Spacing4 - 5 feet
- Hardiness Zone2-9
- Flowering DateSummer
- Planting InstructionsBlooms best in full sun. Set the plant at the same soil level it is at in the container. Firm soil around plant and water thoroughly.
- Winter CareNone, only to mulch the first winter after planted.
- Flower Color:pink
- Flower FormFull, dense panicles 4 - 5" long of small trumpet-shaped flowers.
- Foliage TypeSmall, ovate to heart-shaped, medium green leaves.
- Pruning TimeAfter flowering.
- FragranceVery fragrant
- ResistanceWatch for powdery mildew
- Soil RequirementWell-drained , humus-enriched soil.
- PruningPrune as necessary to maintain shape. After flowering.
- Additional InformationBest repeat blooming when planted in full sun.
- Unique CharactersticsA dwarf lilac noted for its ability to bloom intermittently until frost. Josee is the result of a 3-way cross between S. meyeri, S. patula and S. microphylla. A hardy lilac that is just the right size for a specimen planting or hedge row. Because of its
- Shipped4" POT
- Height/Habit4 - 6 feet
- Growth RateFast
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.