Joan Senior Daylily
Ideal for moon gardens
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Height/Habit: 25 inches
- Zone: 3-9
- Flowering Date: Early to midseason and repeats later in the season.
We ship this item in Fall
Send me an email when this item is available
Joan Senior Daylily
- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameHemerocallis 'Joan Senior'
- Ships AsBAREROOT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread18 - 24 inches
- Spacing18 - 24 inches
- Hardiness Zone3-9
- Flowering DateEarly to midseason and repeats later in the season.
- Planting InstructionsDig a hole deep enough to accommodate the roots without bending them. Plant firmly and water in well.
- Winter CareMulch the first winter to prevent heaving due to alternate freezing and thawing winter weather.
- Flower Color:white
- Flower Form6" flower, ribbed and lightly ruffled, flat or slightly recurved blooms.
- Foliage TypeStrap like medium green. Evergreen.
- Soil RequirementAdaptable to many soil conditions just make sure it is well drained.
- PruningCut back spent flower stems.
- Additional InformationHybridizer: Kenneth Durio 1977. Awards-HM 81, AM 84, LAA (Lenington All American Award) 90. Hemerocallis means "beautiful for a day".
- Unique CharactersticsIs praised by all who grow it, does not burn in the sun. Creates a light airy texture that compliments and softens the bolder more robust looking summer perennials.
- Height/Habit25 inches
- Growth RateModerate to fast
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.