Bartzella Itoh Peony
Impressive color on easy-care plants
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 24 - 36 inches
- Zone: 3-8
- Flowering Date: Late spring to early summer
We ship this item in Spring
Bartzella Itoh Peony
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NamePaeonia 'Bartzella'
- Ships AsBAREROOT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread24 - 36 inches
- Spacing24 - 36 inches
- Hardiness Zone3-8
- Flowering DateLate spring to early summer
- Planting InstructionsDig a hole large enough to spread out roots without bending them. Set crown with buds 1" - 2" below ground-level. Water in thoroughly. Plant at least 6 weeks before ground freezes.
- Winter CareNone, except to mulch the first winter. Remove in early spring before growth starts.
- Flower Color:yellow
- Flower FormLarge, double flowers
- Foliage TypeGlossy, deep green foliage that is very attractive and ornamental through-out the growing season.
- Soil RequirementWell drained, humus enriched soil that is moisture retentive
- PruningRemove spent flower stems after flowering to maintain an attractive bush type perennial all summer long. After flowering
- Unique CharactersticsLarge, yellow blooms emerge in late spring, just as other plants are walking from winter's rest. Lightly-scented flowers are a beautiful addition to cut arrangements. Glossy, deep green foliage provides interest throughout the season. At 2-3' tall, it's lovely in a border and provides gorgeous color to foundation plantings and entryways.
- Height/Habit24 - 36 inches
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.