Inkarho® Evergreen Rhododendron
Robust, adaptable and easy to grow
- Sun Exposure: Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 5 - 6 feet
- Zone: 5-9
- Flowering Date: Mid spring to early summer
We ship this item in Spring
Inkarho® Evergreen Rhododendron
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameRhododendron 'Inkarho®'
- Ships As4" POT
- Sun ExposurePartial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread4 - 5 feet
- Spacing36 inches
- Hardiness Zone5-9
- Flowering DateMid spring to early summer
- Planting InstructionsAvoid windy, exposed areas. Set plant at the same level it is growing at in the container, firm soil and water thoroughly. Apply mulch to retain moisture and protect the shallow roots.
- Winter CareMaintain mulch through the winter months. Never allow to dry out. Remove mulch in early spring before growth starts.
- Flower Color:pink
- Flower FormOpen, funnel-shaped flowers that bloom in trusses.
- Foliage TypeOblong, coarse, dark green, glossy, evergreen foliage. Grows in a dense, upright, spreading habit.
- Soil RequirementWell-drained, moisture retentive, organically rich, acidic soil.
- PruningPrune to shape and remove dead wood and broken branches. Deadhead flowers as they fade. After flowering.
- Unique CharactersticsPlants Nouveau: INKARHO is a pH neutral rootstock, which is tolerant of acid and lime soils. After 25 years of testing over 1 million seedlings, we can reliably offer this rootstock to be grafted onto all your favorite rhododendrons, ensuring they will grow and have strong root systems. INKARHO are the newest generation in a long line of superior breeding. They are more robust, and suitable for a wide range of soil types. Even heavy clay and loamy soils will reap the rewards of our favorite garden sensations. For those of you with lime soils, it gives many areas of the country the 1st opportunity ever to grow rhododendrons well. Some have never imagined lush, healthy plants. For those of you with acid soils, your plants will grow with more vigor, the flowers will be more vivid, and you'll still be able to enjoy your favorite selections because the INKARHO rootstock can be grafted onto all of the well-known varieties that gardeners have been growing and even coveting for years! When you choose INKARHO Rhododendrons, it's like buying a plant with an insurance policy. For the first time, garden enthusiasts World-wide will find their most beloved selections flowering in profusion, in various shapes, sizes, colors and with the added benefit of greater tolerance to imperfect garden soils!
- Shipped4" POT
- Height/Habit5 - 6 feet
- Growth RateModerate.
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.