Provides multi-season interest
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 30 - 50 feet
- Zone: 5-9
- Flowering Date: Early to Midsummer
We ship this item in Spring
This climbing version of the beloved Hydrangea adds multi-season interest to your landscape. Plant near wooden posts, stone walls or large trees and watch it climb! Its attractive, glossy, dark green foliage gives a three-dimensional aspect to supportive structures. In summer, its flat-topped, creamy-white flowers put on a quite a show. This vine also can be used as a ground cover. Although slow to establish, the Climbing Hydrangea is easy-to-grow, carefree and very long lived. Zones 5-9. Ships in 4" pot. Hydrangea anomala subsp. Petiolaris
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameHydrangea anomala subsp. Petiolaris
- Ships As4" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread5 - 6 feet
- Spacing5 - 6 feet
- Hardiness Zone5-9
- Flowering DateEarly to Midsummer
- Planting InstructionsWill tolerate full shade to full sun areas, but does best in partial shade planting. It is a slow plant to establish.
- Winter CareNone special.
- Flower Color:white
- Flower Form5" flat topped inflorescences that have an outer ring of showy sterile florets surrounding a central clump of fertile flowers.
- Foliage TypeAlternate broadly ovate glossy leaves in a medium to dark green color.
- Soil RequirementWell drained, moist soil that is slightly acidic, but will tolerate dryer soil that is neutral to slightly alkaline.
- PruningTrim and train as desired.
- Additional InformationRoot-like fast holds need good strong support structure.
- Unique CharactersticsLarge yellow blooms are actually a rare treat in calla lilies. A decorative patio pot full of these wonderful blooms and striking spotted foliage is a site to behold.
- Shipped4" POT
- Height/Habit30 - 50 feet
- Growth RateSlow to moderate.
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.