Hosta Mix Super Bag
Eight hostas for the shade garden
- Sun Exposure: Full Shade, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 15 - 36 inches
- Zone: 3-8
- Flowering Date: Mid summer
We ship this item in Fall
Send me an email when this item is available
Hosta Mix Super Bag
- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure8
- Botanical NameHosta Mix
- Ships As1-2 EYE BAREROOT
- Sun ExposureFull Shade, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread20 - 60 inches
- Spacing20 - 60 inches
- Hardiness Zone3-8
- Flowering DateMid summer
- Planting InstructionsPlant with roots pointing downwards and the growing points "eyes" slightly below soil level.
- Winter CareNo winter care needed. May wish to mulch the first winter to protect again heaving of the plants due to freezing and thawing winter weather.
- Flower Color:purple, white
- Flower FormTall scapes with trumpet shaped blooms on the top 1/3 of the stems.
- Foliage TypeNarrowly lanceolate to heart-shaped to almost round, displaying a wide range of textures and colors.
- Soil RequirementWell drained.
- Watering RequirementLike consistent moisture but will tolerate dry soil.
- PruningRemove spent flower stems to tidy up plants after blooming.
- Unique CharactersticsVersatile and popular plant that creates interest and contrast. The different hosta varieties provide an assortment of textures and colors to spruce up a drab shady area. They seem to flourish with little care.
- Shipped1-2 EYE BAREROOT
- Height/Habit15 - 36 inches
- Growth RateMedium
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.