- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 36 - 72 inches
- Zone: 5-9
- Flowering Date: Early to midsummer until frost
We ship this item in Fall
Send me an email when this item is available
- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameHydrangea macrophylla 'Homingo PPAF
- Ships As1 GALLON POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread36 - 72 inches
- Spacing36 - 72 inches
- Hardiness Zone5-9
- Flowering DateEarly to midsummer until frost
- Planting InstructionsBest in morning sunlight and afternoon shade.
- Winter CareShould be mulched and protected in the Northern zones.
- Flower Color:blue, pink
- Flower FormMophead blooms
- Foliage TypeRounded, dark green leaves with coarsely toothed edges, upright habit
- Soil RequirementGrows best in well-drained soil with good organic matter; prefers slightly acidic soil; avoid heavy clay with poor drainage. Check soil weekly for moisture. Water thoroughly when dry
- Watering RequirementWater thoroughly when dry.
- PruningPrune and remove old flower heads to tidy up plant or leave on plant to create winter interest
- Additional InformationSoil with ph level of about 5.2-5.5 will produce blue flowers, soil with pH level of about 6.0-6.2 will produce pink flowers
- Unique CharactersticsMassive mophead flowers perform spectacular color changes from early to midsummer until frost. Rich bloom color and lustrous dark green foliage enhance the garden all summer. Extremely hardy and mildew resistant. Rounded habit. Good for cut flowers. (Gardens Alive Farms website)
- Shipped1 GALLON POT
- Height/Habit36 - 72 inches
- Growth RateFast
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.