Black Pearl Heuchera
Ruffled, black foliage
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Full Shade, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 8 - 10 inches
- Zone: 4-9
- Flowering Date: Midsummer to fall
We ship this item in Fall
Send me an email when this item is available
Black Pearl Heuchera
- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameHeuchera PRIMO™ 'Black Pearl' PPAF
- Ships As3" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Full Shade, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread18 - 20 inches
- Spacing18 - 20 inches
- Hardiness Zone4-9
- Flowering DateMidsummer to fall
- Planting InstructionsVery versatile, performs well in shade and partial shade areas, but tolerates full sun as well.
- Flower Color:pink
- Flower FormTiny bells on slender stems above the neat mounds of foliage
- Foliage TypeNear black, purple foliage
- Soil RequirementContent in a wide range of soils, but prefers slightly acidic.
- PruningNo pruning necessary. Divide every 4-5 years if crowns become woody.
- Unique CharactersticsWalters: If you're going to choose just one Heuchera for your lineup, this is the one! Meet the new standard in black Heuchera. 'Black Pearl' forms an incredibly dense habit of shiny, jet black leaves with scalloped, ruffled edges. Each 4-4.5" leaf has rosy purple undersides, revealed with the intense ruffling of the leaves. Oldest leaves have a slight silver overlay. To top it off-'Black Pearl' keeps its intense black color even in full sun, instead of bleaching to brown. White flowers with pink calyxes appear in midsummer (requires vernalization). The New PRIMO™ Collection of Heuchera expands on the DOLCE® Heuchera for bigger, better landscape plants.This plant is a Heuchera villosa hybrid. The villosa species is a large, late blooming type that exhibits an increased tolerance of high heat and humidity over other species. Most produce cream flowers in midsummer, though they are grown more for their fantastic foliage. H. villosa is native to the southeastern United States.Coral bells are easy to grow and blend easily with most other perennials in the landscape. Because of their low, mounding habit, they are often used as edging along paths or in containers. Try cutting a few of the tall flower scapes for fresh bouquets.
- Shipped3" POT
- Height/Habit8 - 10 inches
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.