Heaven Can Wait™ Blackberry
The most nutritious blackberries available
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Height/Habit: 4 - 5 feet
- Zone: 5-8
- Flowering Date: Late spring to early summer.
We ship this item in Fall
Send me an email when this item is available
Heaven Can Wait™ Blackberry
- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameRubus fruticosus 'A 1960' PPAF
- Ships AsPOTTED
- Sun ExposureFull Sun
- State RestrictionsAE AK FL GU HI MA PR SC
- Spread36 - 60 inches
- Spacing36 - 60 inches
- Hardiness Zone5-8
- Flowering DateLate spring to early summer.
- Planting InstructionsProduces best fruit in full sun. Dig a hole deep and wide enough to spread the roots without having to bend them. Firm the soil around the roots and water thoroughly.
- Winter CareA winter mulch is recommended in colder climates.
- Flower Color:white
- Flower FormOpen single, rose-like, 5-10 to a cluster and 1-2 clusters per cane.
- Foliage TypeCompound, mid green.
- Soil RequirementBlackberry plants grow best in a well-drained, fertile, slightly acidic, loam soil with moderate water-holding capacity.
- PruningTrim canes to approximately 3 1/2 - 4'. Remove any broken and unwanted canes. Late winter or early spring, when plants are still dormant.
- Additional InformationBears fruit early before hot weather sets in.
- Unique CharactersticsYou will think that you're in heaven when picking these delicious berries. Starting in mid June, you will enjoy an extended and easy harvest of tasty fruit, and with the health benefits these berries deliver, heaven really can wait. The thornless, self-supporting canes maintain a manageable habit as they grow to a height of 4 ft. Potted. PPAF
- Height/Habit4 - 5 feet
- Growth RateModerate to fast.
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.